- This event has passed.
WH2H – DE – Newark – William Redd Jr Park
Join Delaware’s We Hike to Heal Ambassador, Whitney for this FREE Women’s Group Hike at William Redd Jr Park.
We’ll be hiking the Redd Park North Loop trail at William Redd Jr Park which is in Northern Newark. We will meet at the Newark Reservoir parking lot. This is an easy/moderate hike with beautiful woodsy views and off-road trails. We welcome all fitness levels to join us; the goal is to enjoy the journey, we are never in a race!
Once we reach the Summit, we’ll plan to take a break to catch our breath, enjoy the view and do a little gratitude journaling + stretching!
Time: 11:00 AM (please be punctual!)
Location/Directions: Newark Reservoir – 240 Old Paper Mill Road. Newark DE 19711
GPS location coordinates: 39.69180, -75.74281
Parking: Parking Lot available (we encourage carpooling)
Difficulty level/Distance: (EASY/MODERATE)/(3.3miles)
Restroom Facilities: May be Porto-potties on site. Not guaranteed.
What you will need for this hike:
- Plenty of water to drink! (we recommend at least 1-3 liters)
- Sunblock and/or hat to protect you from the sun
- Comfortable hiking shoes/boots or trail sneakers
- Tall socks
- Comfortable moisture-wicking clothing – workout clothes work just fine!
- A daypack/backpack to carry all your items
- A towel to sit on if you’re uncomfortable sitting on the ground
- Your journal and a pen
Please review the liability waiver here and be prepared to acknowledge and accept at sign in for your event.
This event is for women identified folks 18 and older only.