#WEHIKETOHEAL CAMPOUT + RETREAT
Community, Connection, Healing and Adventure!
We Hike to Heal, Inc is thrilled to thrilled to be hosting this year’s #WeHiketoHeal Campout and Retreat!
This weekend event is open to all women identified folks interested in connection, community, healing and adventure!
This weekend retreat will be an all inclusive outdoor experience that offers various accommodations based on participants comfort levels, from “Do-it-Yourself” good old fashioned tent camping, to more comfortable “Glamping” options, and new this year the upgraded RV Glamp option!
This 3 day, 2 night retreat will foster community, introspection and a safe space for women to soak in the healing powers of Mother Nature.
The campout will take place on a beautiful 75 acre lakeside campground in Conyers, GA, approximately 40 miles east of Atlanta. This event is intended for both first time and seasoned campers. This experience will give participants the opportunity to learn from each other and the land, while forging a deeper connection with themselves.
We will be following CDC recommended covid-19 safety protocols. Please visit our FAQ section below for more details.
What you can expect
- All inclusive retreat experience
- Diverse Accommodation Options
- Group Outdoor Activities
- Morning mindful movement sessions
- Educational and Wellness workshops and classes
- *NEW this year* Intro to Kayaking/SUP
- Relaxing Soundbath experience
- Downtime for relaxation
- Catered Meals (Meat/Vegan/Vegetarian/Gluten free)
- Evening activities
- Complimentary adult beverages
- Swag bags valued at over $150 from our sponsors
- A beautiful community of women to connect with
|1:00-1:30pm||Camp Welcome + Grounding In|
|7:30am-8:30am||Morning Movement 1|
|7:30am-8:30am||Morning Movement 2|
|8:00-9:00am||Morning Movement 3|
|9:30-10:00am||Camp Farwell + Grounding out|
|10:00am||Guest Check out|
Hey camping Queen! We love that you love to camp and already have all the gear you need for a weekend outdoors! You bring all your gear, and we will have the perfect spot ready for you to pitch your tent! You will have access to shared power, water and bathroom facilities, including showers!
With the DIY w/ gear rental option, we will provide you with all the gear you need for a weekend outdoors. We will setup a 1-2 person dome style tent, sleeping pad and sleeping bag for your use over the weekend. Everything will be setup and ready for you upon your arrival. You will have access to shared power, water and bathroom facilities, including showers! Just bring yourself and your personal items!
Yesssssss to comfortable camping! With our Glamp Camp option, you get to enjoy the outdoors in comfort and style thanks to REI! With Glamp camp you will have a cabin style tent, comfort cot(s), sleeping bag(s) or quilt(s), side table, rug, lantern and front porch area to sit and enjoy the quiet of nature. You will have access to shared power, water and bathroom facilities, including showers! Everything will be setup and ready for you upon your arrival. Just bring yourself and your personal items!
Have your own RV or camper van? This option is for you! This option will get you a pull-in spot – 50amp, 30amp and 110 electric hookups available on a first come first serve basis. Just bring yourself and your rig and be ready to enjoy the beautiful weekend retreat! Each additional individual staying in your RV/Camper must purchase a “Additional Person” ticket.
Some RVs may need adapters depending on the site. Please bring your own adapters, extension cords and hoses. Sites are not paved, so leveling may be needed for RV’s. No dumping permitted on site. The closest dump station is at Georgia international horse park approximately 8 miles away.
Tent camping not your thing? That’s totally fine! That is why we have RV’s! With the RV camp option enjoy upgraded accommodations and sleep in the comfort of an RV camper. Includes air conditioning, private bathroom, mini kitchen, and a queen size bed/full size pull out couch and/or bunk beds. Just bring yourself and your personal items and be ready to enjoy the beautiful weekend retreat!
Sleeps 4-6. RV assignments will be made at campout check-in.
This registration is for individuals joining a participant with a “BYO” RV registration, or 2 or more participants with “RV Glamp Double Occupancy” registrations.
This option includes access to all weekend activities and food/beverages – accommodations NOT included.
- Glamp cots and camp chairs have a 250-300lb weight capacity. We have a limited number of Glamp cots with a 400lb weight capacity.
- Hammocks have between a 300-500lb weight capacity.
- Campground restroom: Walk-in (no stairs) 3 restroom stalls approximately 44 inches wide, one larger handicap stall with a walk-in shower.
- Shower Trailer: 3 stairs leading up to the bathroom, interior measurements, Width: 52 inches, Depth 70 inches, Height 92 inches
- The grounds are mostly level and grassy, some rocky and sandy areas
- The parking area is approximately 100-150 yards from the base camp
If you need any additional info or have questions please feel free to email us.
Shuttle / Carpools:
Out of towners flying into Hartsfield Jackson Airport (ATL):
- Shuttle will depart from the domestic terminal at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport at 10am EST on Saturday, May 27th with arrival at the Campsite around 11am. The return shuttle will depart the campsite at 10am on Monday, May 29th to return you to Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport by 11am EST.
- The cost is $195 per person – from eventbrite, click on tickets and scroll down to the add-on section
- We’ve added the Carpool Forum for people either offering a ride or looking for one
- You have the option to add yourself as a driver if you have space in your vehicle and would like to offer a lift, or if you need a ride you can add yourself to the ride waitlist in hopes that a spot will come available
I’m traveling from out of state, what airport should I fly into?
(ATL) Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the main airport in the area with most convenient flight options. It is about 40 miles from the campsite. (
Is there a shuttle available from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport to the campsite?
Yes! We will have a round trip shuttle from (ATL) to the Campsite on Saturday morning and back to the airport on Monday morning.You will need to purchase the Add-on Shuttle ticket here. The rate is $195 per person.
What’s the bathroom situation?
Full bathrooms with toilet, showers and sinks will be available.
What should I pack?
Everyone has their own preferences, but below are some suggested items to bring along.
- Clothes for your stay – moisture wicking material is best
- any medication you may need
- phone charger
- camera (optional)
- shower shoes (flip flops, chacos, or similar)
- comfortable yoga and meditation clothes
- Pillow + blanket (or sleeping bag)
- Camp Chair
- If you are DIY camping, here is a great camping checklist from REI
What is your Covid-19 safety protocol?
- If you are feeling unwell, or test positive for Covid – please stay home. Credits will be applied for next year’s event as needed
- Participation is limited to maintain a safe group size
- We recommend that all guests who are not vaccinated be tested with 72 hours prior to arrival
- We ask that guest practice social distancing, or wear masks when social distancing isn’t possible
- Sanitation stations will be available around the camp
- All shared spaces and surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized regularly
I’ve never camped before, what should I expect?
You should expect an amazing time! You may be surprised by how loud the quiet is, but there is nothing like waking up outdoors to the songs of nature. The cool thing is, we will be there as a group, so if you are feeling unsettled, you can find some peace in knowing that there is a community of women around you!
I have dietary restrictions, will there be food options for me?
Yes, when you register you will be able to choose, a standard menu (with meat and dairy), vegetarian (dairy, no meat) or vegan (no meat, no dairy) menus or a gluten free menu.
I have more questions, who can I talk to?
Email us at any time at email@example.com, we are happy to answer any of your questions!