Rooted WMN BIPOC Retreat
Saturday, October 8th
Centering Our Voices
The Rooted WMN Day Retreat is a sacred space for outdoor respite and relaxation for women of color. This full-day retreat is designed to give BIPOC women the opportunity to expand, release and find joy and healing while forging a deeper connection with themselves.
This experience will foster community, introspection and a safe space for women to soak in the healing powers of community and Mother Nature.
Rooted WMN is an all inclusive outdoor day retreat that offers a suite of classes, mindfulness experiences and movement opportunities tailored to the unique needs of its participants. Because of that, a simple application is required to best determine what activities will best serve you.
The Retreat will take place on a beautiful lakeside campground just 25 miles east of Atlanta near Conyers, GA. The property address will be shared once your registration is confirmed.
In an effort to amplify the voices of BIPOC women, special care has been taken to ensure that the majority of our vendors and service providers for the event are also women of color.
The Rooted WMN Retreat is limited to BIPOC persons and centers on women of color. That means discussion topics, sister circles, and other activities will focus on the BIPOC perspective and experience. Rooted WMN will be a highly personalized experience, and because of that, capacity will be limited.
We will be following CDC-recommended covid-19 safety protocols. Please visit our FAQ page for more details.
Curated and Custom
As seasoned practitioners in this field, we understand that one size does not fit all-consequently, to ensure a custom and curated experience, we are implementing an application process and “track-based” retreat program. Each of the tracks will have an accompanying class schedule, movement option, and overall purpose.
Once you fill out your application you will be placed in one of the two specially developed tracks. These tracks have been designed to address the needs you designate as important.
What you can expect
- All inclusive day retreat experience
- Intentional guided workshops
- Group Outdoor Activities
- Early morning mindful movement sessions
- Relaxing Sound Bowl Experience
- Catered Lunch (Vegan/Vegetarian/Gluten Free available)
- Complimentary Beverages
- Swag bag from our sponsors
- Early Bird pricing:$199/per person (apply by September 1st)
- Regular pricing:$249/per person (all applications after September 1st)
- Picnic tables with bench seating as well as camp chairs with a 300lb weight capacity. Hammocks have between a 300-500lb weight capacity, higher weight capacity will be marked
- Restroom facilities on site, including one larger accessible stall
- The grounds are mostly level and grassy, with some rocky and clay areas
- The parking area is approximately 50 yards from check-in, with closer parking available as needed
- All sessions will be led in English, unfortunately, no ASL or additional language translation available at this time
If you need any additional info or have questions please feel free to email us.
|10:30-11:30am||Grounding in activity|
|3:45 – 5:15pm||3rd Session|
I’m traveling from out of state, what airport should I fly into?
(ATL) Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the main airport in the area with most convenient flight options. It is about 60 miles from the campsite.
Is there a shuttle available from Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport to the campsite?
Unfortunately not for this event.
What’s the bathroom situation?
Full bathrooms with toilet and sinks will be available.
What should I wear?
We recommend comfortable moisture wicking clothing, such as yoga pants or workout clothing. We will have some movement throughout the day as well as sitting in either chairs or yoga mats during some of the sessions.
What is your Covid-19 safety protocol?
- If you are feeling unwell, or test positive for Covid – please stay home. Credits will be applied for next year’s event as needed.
- Participation is limited to maintain a safe group size
- We recommend that all guests who are not vaccinated be tested with 48 hours prior to arrival
- We ask that guest practice social distancing, or wear masks when social distancing isn’t possible
- Sanitation stations will be available around the camp
- All shared spaces and surfaces will be cleaned and sanitized regularly
I have dietary restrictions, will there be food options for me?
Yes, when you register you will be able to choose a standard menu (with meat and dairy), vegetarian (dairy, no meat) or vegan (no meat, no dairy) menus or a gluten free menu.
What is the refund policy?
Full refunds are available for those that need to cancel more than 14 days out from the retreat. More than 7 days but less than 14 days prior to the event we offer a 50% refund. Less than 7 days prior to the event we cannot offer a refund, but will allow you to transfer your ticket to another person (that qualifies and will accept the same meal selection that you chose). If your cancellation is due to a COVID19 positive test less than 7 days prior the event we will offer you a credit to a future retreat at the full value of your registration.
I have more questions, who can I talk to?
Email us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org, we are happy to answer any of your questions!